We offer a broad range of financial services including full-spectrum financial planning through LPL Financial. We gather information about your current assets, as well as budgets, retirement savings, goals, and dreams, so that we can paint a picture of your total financial situation. This allows us to develop a custom-designed financial plan specific to you. And once we put that plan into action we meet with you often to make any needed adjustments and show you the progress you’ve made in your portfolio.
We utilize several advisory platforms to assist our clients with broad-spectrum investment management. Each investment is carefully selected from a wide variety of asset classes to construct a portfolio appropriate for you.
For all advisory accounts, we charge a flat fee based on total asset value. This fee is all-inclusive, and covers asset administration, client meetings, consultation, custody of funds, research and account reporting.
Because we utilize a flat fee platform, we do not generate a commission on individual trades. Therefore, you can be confident that we are always working to serve you by focusing solely on improving your investment performance and the growth of your overall portfolio.
The advisory platforms we use include:
- Strategic Asset Management (SAM): LPL Financial’s comprehensive open-architecture fee-based investment platform. The SAM platform provides a foundation for us to develop successful client relationships by thoroughly understanding our clients’ long-term financial goals and offering flexible strategies to help achieve them. Multiple investments can be wrapped in one account with one consolidated statement.
- Model Wealth Portfolios (MWP): LPL Financial’s newest advisory account platform provides asset management models and recommended investments around a diverse set of investment themes to meet unique client needs. MWP accounts allow the investor to enjoy the benefits of professional management, in which the research team works diligently to make adjustments to each model’s allocation in order to keep it inline with the designated investment objective and risk tolerance.
- Optimum Markets Portfolios (OMP): OMP accounts provide a powerful resource for managing assets through diversified asset allocation models, world-class money management, automatic rebalancing, consolidated performance reporting, and monitoring of mutual fund managers. Each account is tailored to each client’s financial objectives by selecting the appropriate model and investment focus.
There is no guarantee that a diversified portfolio will enhance overall returns or outperform a non-diversified portfolio. Diversification does not protect against market risk.
LPL Financial Advisory Platform Comparison Grid
“The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.”
It is NEVER too early to begin saving for retirement. We are here to help at all stages in your life and career.
If you are just starting out we realize that saving for retirement may not be a priority. But it should be! Due to the benefits of compounding, waiting a mere 15 years to begin saving for retirement can decrease your retirement nest-egg by 50% or more. It is well worth it to begin putting something away now, and the best way to do that is to develop a plan that works for you.
However, if you have yet to begin saving for your retirement, you are not alone. Some recent studies show that more than 50% of American households are financially unprepared or behind in their retirement planning. Some reasons for this include:
- Lack of knowledge of how much money one needs to put away to ensure a comfortable retirement;
- Failure to understand the effect that taxes, insurance, risk exposure, and total financial planning have on developing a successful, productive retirement plan; and,
- Being overwhelmed by the types of retirement plans and the complexity of choosing the right investments.
We help you construct a retirement portfolio that considers all aspects of your financial picture and which grows over time to help you pursue your retirement goals.
Finally, as you near or enter retirement, we will guide you through developing a plan for taking tax-efficient retirement distributions that strive to keep your principal intact. Our ultimate goal for each investor is for your retirement savings to outlive you.
Please call our office to schedule a free consultation or click here to request an appointment.
A major component to your overall financial picture is the relationship between your investment portfolio and taxes. Our 25 years of experience in personal and business tax preparation helps gives us valuable insight into this complex relationship. Because we realize the importance of taxes on your investments, we review your latest returns and discuss current and future events that may impact your tax liability. Understanding your taxes allows us to structure your investments and manage them accordingly to prevent unwanted taxes. We will also counsel you on the most effective ways to handle things such as retirement distributions when the time comes. Likewise, we may also suggest adding certain types of investments, such as municipal bonds, annuities, or contributions to qualified plans to lower your overall tax exposure.
Below are some useful links to tax-related sites and resources:
“Over the decade from 2000-01 to 2010-11, published tuition and fees at public four-year colleges and universities increased at an average rate of 5.6% per year beyond the rate of general inflation. This growth rate led the price to increase from 22% of the average tuition and fees at private nonprofit four-year institutions to 28% over the decade.”
SOURCE: College Boards Trends in College Pricing 2010.
The rising cost of sending a child through college can be startling, and children seem to grow up before our very eyes. The good news is there are ways you can begin saving for your children’s college education by investing in tax-saving 529 plans or Coverdell Education Savings Accounts.
We welcome the opportunity to sit down with you and help you develop an education savings plan that fits within your budget and meets your goals.